Forever Young
When You Gonna Wake Up
In The Garden
encore:
Blowin' In The Wind
It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Review:
Another great sounding audience recording from the 1981 Earls Court residency. This Label has previously released two of the six shows that was performed at this London venue Walk Around Heaven All Day and Ways Of The Flesh. Once again, this is the first commercial release of the entire show (minus the first four songs by the Queens of Rhythm). We had registered an earlier complaint about the plain, generic discs that this manufacturer use to offer. They've surely gone overboard to compensate on these new releases... however, now the entire package crosses the fine line into gaudiness. The wild fonts and montages are just too much. Don't let that deter you, however, from owning this incredible two disc set that comes housed in a slimline jewel box. This is among the best shows that you'll find as far as Dylan being passionate about both the material and his audience. Bob does a lot of talking, and that is one of the highlights of the set. There is some great stuff here such as him saying that he just spoke with George Harrison, and introducing Willie Smith as Leon Russell. Highly recommended.
© 2008 CD Pinkerton - bobsboots.com
View enlarged images below 

Front
CD1
CD2
Ins.(b)
Liner
Back
Information:
source:
Earls Court, London, England   June 27, 1981

Manufacturer / Catalog No.
THINMAN      /    058/59

Released:
April 2008

Quality:
8-8½ stars

Bob's Boots ref  #
BB-t23

Notes:

(1) by: Red Lane & Larry Henley
(2) by: Rev. James Cleveland & Cassietta George
     sung by
Carolyn Dennis
(3) by: Jim Webb. Duet with Dylan / Clydie King

Thoughts:    by Terry Farrington
I remember this show well, as it was the first Bob show that I was able to attended, after missing the 1978 shows. It was a very emotional occasion for me when Bob appeared right after the girls had sung their four songs. I was close to tears and just kept saying to those around me "There's Bob... and I'm here in the same room!" I feel that THINMAN has done a great job with these retrospective releases of the much maligned gospel shows. In my mind, they were great then, and they are still great to hear today. When I was a tape collector, I never managed to get hold of a tape of this quality. So, for it to be unearthed this late was fantastic for me. Although it's an 8 on the bobsboots rating scale...  to me personally, it's a stone wall 10.
© 2008 Terry Farrington - bobsboots.com

Thanks to Terry Farrington for scans
© 2008 CD Pinkerton - bobsboots.com